What Life? is the fourth episode of the second season of the NBC medical drama series ER. It premiered on October 12, 1995.
| Season 2, Episode 4
|Air date||October 12, 1995|
|US viewers||35.5 M|
|Written by||Carol Flint|
|Directed by||Dean Parisot|
| ← Previous|
Do One, Teach One, Kill One
| Next →|
And Baby Makes Two
Weaver and Susan 's feud escalates to the point where Mark has to step in. Benton is involved in a parking lot altercation, resulting in a dislocated finger and Carter replacing him in surgery. Mark cares for an abandoned elderly woman. Susan tries to juggle her work and care for Little Susie. Shep risks his life to bring in a gunshot victim.
PUNCH AND SUSIE: After Benton punches an obnoxious salesman, Hicks (CCH Pounder) chooses Carter to replace him in surgery and asks that Benton consult with Jeanie Boulet.
Greene witnesses Ross's complicated personal life first-hand while bunking with the doctor.
Lewis considers putting baby Susie up for adoption. Harper (Christine Elise) and Carter share a kiss.
Cast and CharactersEdit
CCH Pounder as Dr. Angela Hicks
Carlos Gomez as Raul
Ron Eldard as Shep
Laura Cerón as Chuny Marquez
Christine Elise McCarthy as Harper Tracy
Ellen Crawford as Nurse Lydia Wright
Conni Marie Brazelton as Nurse Connie Oligario
Lily Mariye as Nurse Lily Jarvik
Khandi Alexander as Jackie Robbins
Lucy Liu as Mei-Sun Leow
- Following the fight in the parking garage, Eriq LaSalle mutters the "s" word under his breath.
- Lynn A. Henderson makes her first appearance as Paramedic Pamela Olbes in this episode. She would go on to be a mainstay of the recurring supporting cast for fourteen seasons, until the series ended in 2009.
- Hicks: (to Benton about Carter) Any words of wisdom for your student before he staples his first stomach? Or, have you done one of these before?
- Benton: No, no... I haven't.
- Mark: What does that mean, they may have a bed after 7:00? What? Are they building it?
- "Nielsen Ratings: September-November 1995 " (PDF). USA Today. (May 22, 2015).