Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 2, Episode 4|
|Air date||October 12, 1995|
|Written by||Carol Flint|
|Directed by||Dean Parisot|
| ← previous|
"Do One, Teach One, Kill One"
| next →|
"And Baby Makes Two"
What Life? is the 4th episode of the second season of "E.R."
Weaver and Susan's feud escalates to the point where Mark has to step in. Benton is involved in a parking lot altercation, resulting in a dislocated finger and Carter replacing him in surgery.
Mark cares for an abandoned elderly woman. Susan tries to juggle her work and care for Little Susie. Shep risks his life to bring in a gunshot victim.
Short summary Edit
Weaver and Susan still have problems and they even start arguing in front of a patient. Mark has had it and steps in. Meanwhile he's also trying to find a bed for an elderly Jane Doe. Susan tries to find a sitter for little Susie and doesn't want Mark to know Chloe's gone. Shep and Raul have a gunshot victim and when Shep contacts the ER to tell they're coming, gunfire is heard and the radio contact is abruptly cut off.
- Lynn A. Henderson makes her debut in this episode in a recurring role as Paramedic Pamela Olbes. She would remain on the show until the series' end.
- Following the fight in the parking garage, Eriq La Salle mutters the "s" word under his breath.
- Hicks: (to Benton about Carter) Any words of wisdom for your student before he staples his first stomach? Or, have you done one of these before?
- Benton: No, no... I haven't.
- Mark: What does that mean, they may have a bed after 7:00? What? Are they building it?