|Season 11, Episode 3|
|Air date||October 14, 2004|
|Written by||R. Scott Gemmill|
|Directed by||Jonathan Kaplan|
| ← previous|
| next →|
Try Carter is the 3rd episode of the 11th season of "E.R."
Sporting a large scar on his head, Pratt is back at work, but ends up being sent home early. Neela spends the day looking for a job.
The new OR attending declines to perform an illegal organ donation procedure between two HIV positive people, but Carter convinces Corday to do it.
Abby irks Ray by ordering a drug test on one of his patients. Luka takes Alex to his soccer game. Susan and her family pay a visit to the ER.
- Although in the opening credits, Ming-Na does not appear in this episode.
- Ray(to Abby): Hey, Rockhart.
- Abby: What did you just call me?
- Ray: Erm, nothing.
- Urbanus: Abby, what would you do if the UA's normal on a two-year-old with fever, no source?
- Abby: Call it viral syndrome, have them follow up with their PMD.
- Urbanus: What if the kid just vomited all the Tylenol he got in Triage?
- Abby: Uh, give him a rectal dose and explain to the parents that the fever won't hurt him.
- Urbanus: And what would you do if a med student asked you out?
- Abby: Call for a psych consult.
- Carter (to Ray): So, you aren't really living in the hospital, are you?
- Ray: Why? Would that be a problem?
- Carter: Might be a problem for Dr. Weaver. She has the place sprayed for interns.
- Carter: Dr. Corday.
- Corday: Carter.
- Carter: Maybe you can help me. I need some help with a patient.
- Corday: I believe Dr. Dubenko's covering the ER today.
- Carter: Well, I don't think that he wanted to take the case.
- Corday: Oh, what? Is it too mundane for our new superstar?
- Carter: I think it may be too illegal.
- Corday: Oh, so he's cowardly and cocky. You know, he's the perfect compliment to Weaver's treachery and ambition. I'm sorry, Carter. If I have to deal with him, so do you. Good luck.