|"Touch and Go"|
|Season 10, Episode 11|
|Air date||January 8, 2004|
|Written by||Mark Morocco|
|Directed by||Richard Thorpe|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
Touch and Go is the 11th episode of the 10th season of "E.R."
Carter is back in Chicago and has brought Kem with him. His return to the hospital is uneventful although there is an awkward moment when Kem meets Abby.
Sam gets called to Alex's school as it seems that he was suturing his own cut. She asks Abby whether the nurses' insurance covers family therapy.
Gallant discovers that his sister has been getting it on with Pratt, although she later dumps him.
Pratt accidentally breaks a patient's neck while doing an unsupervised intubation. Missing Valium is found in Weaver's labcoat, although it's implied that Morris took it.
Luka informs Weaver that he's leaving for the Congo in two weeks, but in the end, he decides to stay in Chicago indefinitely.
DR. CARTER RETURNS FROM AFRICA FULL OF SURPRISES INCLUDING A NEW LOVE; THANDIE NEWTON GUEST-STARS: The return of Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) from Africa prompts various reactions, especially when he is accompanied by his new love Makemba (guest star Thandie Newton, "Mission: Impossible 2") and Carter has other surprises in store while Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) squares off against Dr. Gallant (Sharif Atkins) over a personal matter.
A busy Pratt also finds time to treat a young victim of a car accident whose case is complicated by a rare form of osteoporosis and takes an interest in an elderly woman suffering from dementia who believes he is her son.
In addition, a whole nursing shift cannot go home until they find one missing valium pill.
Elsewhere, Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) informs Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) about his departure date and Carter deals with a malnourished woman and her equally famished family.
Alex Kingston, Maura Tierney, Parminder Nagra and Linda Cardellini also star.
- Kerry: (to Luka) For the record, we need you here as much as they do there.
- Kerry (to Luka): What are you doing?
- Luka: Need to fix my resignation letter.
- Kerry: So you broke into my office?
- Luka: The door was open. Change the date of my last shift.
- Kerry: Let me guess. Sooner?
- Luka: Actually, later.
- Kerry: You wanna be a little more specific?
- Luka: No, not right now, anyway.
- Kerry: Well, let me know when you decide.
- Luka: See you tomorrow, Kerry.
- Kerry: Stay out of my inbox!
- Luka (to Abby about Carter and Kem, who is pregnant) : They got together after I left. (silence) You OK?
- Abby: Yeah. I'm OK. (silence) What, did he knock her up the minute he got there?