|Season 11, Episode 12|
|Air date||January 27, 2005|
|Written by||David Zabel|
|Directed by||Christopher Chulack|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"The Provider" is the twelfth episode of the eleventh season of ER. It firsst aired on NBC on Jauary 27, 2005. It was written by David Zabel and directed by Christopher Chulack. The episode has John Carter treats a 16-year-old girl suffering from kidney failure after a transplant and investigates a new drug that she was taking.
Carter treats a 16-year-old girl who is going to renal failure after a kidney transplant and suspects the new drug she was taking may have trigger the problem, which was recommended b the girl's neurologist, Dr. George Henry, Carter's former med student. Carter creates a media uproar when he openly reveals the possible risks of the drug which angers Lewis and Weaver and it may lead the drug manufacturig company to withdraw grants from County.
To be added.
- John Carter
- Susan Lewis
- Abby Lockhart
- Neela Rasgotra
- Luka Kovač
- Kerry Weaver
- Ray Barnett
- Samantha Taggart
- Mekhi Phifer didn't appear in the episode, although he is listed in the credits.
- Abby: So basically neither one of us has gotten any in a ridiculously long time.
- Neela: Well at least we have work to keep our minds off men, romance, sex.
- Abby: Yeah, at least we have that.
- (Luka walks in and they both look round)
- Luka: Morning!
- Abby: Hello, Luka.
- Neela: Dr. Kovac.
- Luka: Do you have an intern on this?
- Carter: I've got Ray.
- Luka: Ah, would you think about taking Neela instead?
- Carter: Why? Is there a problem?
- Luka: Just do me a favor, O.k?
- Carter: Alright. Send the Punjabi powerhouse my way.
- Sam: It's not funny, Luka. You're doing everything to encourage it.
- Luka: That's not true.
- Sam: Yeah, well, it better not be. Otherwise I'm gonna have to get into some nasty chick fight with Neela.
- Luka: In the mud? Just don't hurt her.
- Sam: Only person who's gonna get hurt in here is you. You got it?