|"Such Sweet Sorrow"|
|Season 6, Episode 21|
|Air date||May 11, 2000|
|Written by||John Wells|
|Directed by||John Wells|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"Such Sweet Sorrow" is a twenty-first episode of the sixth season of ER. That episode first aired in May 11, 2000. It was written and directed by showrunner John Wells. It was final regular episode of Julianna Margulies as ER head nurse Carol Hathaway, who makes a life-changing decision following the care of the terminally ill mother.
When Carol resuscitates a terminally ill mother who was DNR in order for her to say goodbye to her family without Weaver's consent, she realizes that life is too short and quickly left to the hospital to reunite with Doug. Mark prepares to bury his father and expresses his enjoyment with Rachel when he wants his daughter to come with him to his funeral. Carter's mental stability continues to deteriorate to a point where he nearly kills a patient. Corday gives Malucci her negative assessment on his performance when a patient of his that he never saw nearly dies under Abby's care.
To be added.
Cast & CharactersEdit
- Anthony Edwards as Mark Greene
- Noah Wyle as John Carter
- Julianna Margulies as Carol Hathaway (Final regular appearance)
- Laura Innes as Kerry Weaver
- Alex Kingston as Elizabeth Corday
- Goran Višnjić as Luka Kovač
- Maura Tierney as Abby Lockhart
- Erik Palladino as Dave Malucci
- Ming-Na as Jing-Mei Chen
- George Clooney as Doug Ross (Uncredited cameo appearance)