|Season 11, Episode 10|
|Air date||January 13, 2005|
|Written by||Dee Johnson|
|Directed by||Stephen Cragg|
| ← previous|
"Twas the Night"
| next →|
Skin is the 10th episode of the 11th season of "E.R."
Abby faces a life and death struggle when she is abducted by two gang members that need her to aid their wounded friend.
Back at the hospital, Susan is frustrated with her subordinates not listening to her and faces the fact that she can't be everyone's friend & boss at the same time.
Susan and Luka try to teach the residents to empathize with the patients which turns out to be easier said then done. Ray treats a woman whose case is more complicated than it appears.
ABBY IS KIDNAPPED BY GANG MEMBERS IN THE HOPES THAT SHE CAN SAVE ONE OF THEIR WOUNDED: As Abby (Maura Tierney) smokes in the ambulance bay, an SUV pulls in carrying a gunshot victim. When Abby runs to the car to help the patient, she's pulled inside at gunpoint and driven away.
Ray (Shane West) begins treatment on a woman who soon requests a new doctor. At first, Ray is offended, but then learns that there is more to the patient's story than meets the eye.
Also starring Noah Wyle, Laura Innes, Sherry Stringfield, Linda Cardellini, Mekhi Phifer.
- Most of Maura Tierney's scenes were shot in digital video which provided a more raw look and feel.
- This episode was dedicated to the memory of Paul Manning, a staff writer and producer during the early seasons of the series. He died of colorectal cancer on January 2, 2005 in Sherman Oaks, California.
- CJ: (pointing a gun at Abby) You're scared of big black men, huh?
- Abby : No. I'm scared of big black guns.
- Susan (to Neela): I need to talk to you later about your patient satisfaction scores.
- Neela: Is there a problem?
- Susan: Yeah, they suck.
- Susan: (talking to Luka) Well, you can't teach empathy (looking at Ray entering the room) Or common sense. Ray!
- Ray: Yeah.
- Susan: When people come to the hospital, they want to see a doctor, not a rock star. Put on some scrubs!