|"Sand and Water"|
|Season 7, Episode 2|
|Air date||October 19, 2000|
|Written by||Jack Orman|
|Directed by||Christopher Misiano|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"Sand and Water" is the second episode of the seventh season of ER. It first aired on NBC on October 19, 2000. It was written by Jack Orman and directed by Christopher Misiano. It has Mark Greene and Elizabeth Corday make changes after a domestic dispute as Mark proposes to her. Abby Lockhart helps a grieving couple when their baby was born too early as John Carter asks her to be his AA sponsor.
Mark and Elizabeth buy a bigger house after clashing over domestic issues and Mark proposes marriage to Elizabeth. Abby, who is down to OB, helps a couple whose baby was born too early. Carter, after seeing Abby in the AA meeting, asks her to be his sponsor. Benton and Romano clash over the patient whose insurance won't cover him anymore. Chen informs Weaver of her pregnancy.
To be added.
- Corday (to Mark about staying in his apartment): That's it, then. I'm not staying here any more.
- Mark: Here we go.
- Corday: Every faucet leaks. Your toilet actually rocks...
- Mark: I kinda like that.
- Corday: And there are creatures scurrying about in the walls. Do you know what scurries about in walls, Mark?
- Mark: Bunnies?
- Regina (to Abby about her very premature baby): Sometimes you need to help a miracle along.
- Abby: And sometimes you need to let go.