|Date of birth||January 19, 1961|
|Birth place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Years active||1979 - present|
|Seasons||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 15|
|First episode||"Good Touch, Bad Touch"|
|Credits||126 episodes (see below)|
Paul McCrane, born January 19, 1961 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, is an actor and television director. He played Dr. Robert Romano in ER. He was part of the cast from the fourth season to the tenth season. He had the recurring guest starring role in the fourth and fifth seasons and was promoted to series regular in the sixth season. He also appeared in the flashback scenes in the fifteenth and final season episode "Heal Thyself". He directed several ER episodes. He has also appeared in the movies RoboCop (1987) and The Shawshank Redemption (1994). He had a recurring role as Graem Bauer (the brother of Jack Bauer) in the FOX thriller series 24. He also appeared in the series Law & Order, Chicago Hope, The X-Files, The Practice, and Harry's Law. He has also directed episodes of Third Watch, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Without a Trace, Jericho, The Closer and its spin-off Major Crimes.
- Is the son of Eileen McCrane (who was a nurse) and James J. McCrane, Jr. (who was an actor and writer)
- Has a brother named Jim and three sisters named Maureen, Barbara and Deirdre.
- Used to live in Richboro, Pennsylvania.
- Graduated from the Holy Ghost Preparatory School.
- His wife Dana Kellin is a jewelry designer. They met in a yoga class in 1996 and married in 1998.
- Has two children: a son named William Thomas (born in October of 2000) and a daughter named Noa Catherine (born in 2004).
- Wrote the song "Is It Ok If I Call You Mine?" when he was 16 years old. The song was later used in the 1980 film "Fame" which he also starred in.
- Is naturally bald.
- Nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" in 2000 and 2001 along with the rest of the cast of "ER."
- Won a 2009 TV Land Icon Award for "ER" along with Angela Bassett, Linda Cardellini, Ellen Crawford, Anthony Edwards, Yvette Freeman, Alex Kingston, Lily Mariye, Kellie Martin and Mekhi Phifer.