Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Date of birth||October 5th, 1975|
|Birth place||Leicester, England, UK|
|Years active||1991 –present|
|Season||10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15|
|First episode|| "Now What?" (guest)|
Dear Abby (regular)
|Last episode||"And in the End..."|
|Credits||129 episodes (see below)|
Parminder Nagra, born October 5th, 1975 in Leicester, England, UK, is an actress. She starred as med student and later Dr. Neela Rasgotra from the tenth season to fifteenth and final season. She appeared as a guest star in the episode "Now What?" and was promoted to series regular in episode "Dear Abby". She has also appeared in the films Bend It Like Beckham (2002) and Ella Enchanted (2004) and voiced a character in the direct-to-DVD anthology film Batman: Gotham Knight (2008). She also starred in the Fox television series Alcatraz and appeared in an episode of The Whole Truth (with ER co-star Maura Tierney).
- Born to a bookkeeper father and a factory worker mother.
- Is the eldest of four children.
- She speaks fluent Punjabi.
- Her parents emigrated from India to the United Kingdom in the '60s.
- Parminder earned her breakthrough role when she was cast as the lead in the 2002 film "Bend It Like Beckham."
- Has a major burn scar on her right upper leg due to a cooking accident that she suffered when she was 7 years old.
- Is an accomplished viola player.
- On July 11, 2007, the University of Leicester awarded Parminder the honorary degree of Doctor of Letters.
- In 2004, she had the honor of bearing the Olympic torch as it passed through London on the way to the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece.
- Became a professional actress when she was 17 years old. Parminder was asked by her former drama instructor to join Hathi Productions, a leading Leicester-based British Asian theatre company.
- Married her boyfriend, professional photographer James Stenson in January of 2009. They married in the traditional Sikh ceremony called "Anand Karaj" (which means "blissful union). Parminder filed for divorce in February of 2012.
- Has a son named Kai David Singh Stenson (born in May of 2009).