|Season 11, Episode 13|
|Air date||February 3, 2005|
|Written by||Lisa Zwerling|
|Directed by||Ernest Dickerson|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"Just As I Am"
Middleman is the 13th episode of 11th season of "E.R."
Pratt treats a young boy with a suspicious gash on his chest, but lets him leave before Wendall clears him. The young boy later returns to the ER, badly beaten by bullies from school & doesn't survive his injuries.
Susan works at getting multiple grants for the ER in order to better her chances at tenure.
Luka and Dubenko disagree on a patient's treatment. Jake switches the remainder of his shifts in an effort to date Abby.
- Although in the opening credits, Laura Innes does not appear in this episode.
- Luka (to Pratt): If you have a strong gut feeling about something, you have to listen to it.
- Pratt: Come on, you were wrong.
- Luka: We don't know that yet.
- Pratt: Made us look like fools.
- Luka: Is that what you're worried about?
- Pratt: What?
- Luka: Nothing will get a doctor into bigger trouble than the fear of looking stupid. Trust me.
- Carter (to Susan): Look, I'm sorry. Maybe sometimes I'm not the best team player.
- Susan: I was out of line. I just have so many balls in the air, I sorta took it out on you.
- Carter: It was easier being a resident, wasn't it? Attendings made all the tough calls, protected us from all the administrative crap.
- Susan: Didn't seem like that at the time. Students wanna be residents, residents wanna be attendings...
- Carter: Yeah, and attendings just wanna be left alone.