|Season 10, Episode 10|
|Air date||December 11, 2003|
|Written by||John Wells|
|Directed by||Christopher Chulack|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"Touch and Go"
Makemba is the 10th episode of the 10th season of "E.R."
Carter has been in the Congo for the last seven months where he has developed a relationship with Makemba "Kem" Likasu, an AIDS-clinic worker who is six weeks pregnant with his child.
Carter needs to return to Chicago to take care of his grandmother's estate and he talks Kem into going with him to have the baby in the United States.
- Although in the opening credits, Sherry Stringfield and Ming-Na do not appear in this episode.
- The flag on Abby's hat is Norwegian.
- Along with the Season 9 finale "Kisangani" and the Season 10 episode "The Lost," Hawaii doubled as a location shoot for this Congo-based episode.
- Abby (about Kerry): Where is she going?
- Frank: Home, to wait for the ghost of Christmas past to show up.
- (As Carter reads a Christmas card from the ER)
- Carter: Oh my God! Dr. Romano died.
- Kem: Was he a friend?
- Carter: Umm, no. No, not really.