|"Here and There"|
|Season 11, Episode 16|
|Air date||February 24, 2005|
|Written by||David Zabel|
|Directed by||Christopher Chulack|
| ← Previous|
"Alone In A Crowd"
| Next →|
"Back in the World"
Here and There is the 16th episode of the 11th season of "E.R."
Gallant and Neela have been exchanging letters regularly. He struggles with the war he sees every day while she is searching for her life's purpose.
Gallant enlists her help in getting a critically burned Iraqi girl lined up for surgery in Chicago and heads for the United States with 72 hours leave.
THE ER MUST AID AN INJURED IRAQI GIRL: A young girl in Iraq is wounded in a car bombing and local hospitals are unequipped to help.
Gallant (Sharif Atkins) enlists the support of Neela (Parminder Nagra) to secure the needed treatment at County, but getting the girl to the United States proves to be more difficult than initially thought.
With time running out, Gallant must resort to calling in a favor to bring the young girl to the states.
Meanwhile, Neela is redefining her role at County and rediscovering her feelings for Gallant.
Also starring Noah Wyle, Laura Innes, Mekhi Phifer, Goran Visnjic, Maura Tierney, Sherry Stringfield, Linda Cardellini and Shane West.
- Pratt (to Neela): When was the last time you went out on a date?
- Neela: Why does everybody here think I need to get laid?
- Pratt: Trust me, sometimes it helps.
- Pratt (about the letter that Neela is writing to Gallant): Tell him to hurry up and get his ass back here in one piece. I'm tired of waiting for my rematch. Now let's get back inside.
- Neela (in her letter): Pratt says he misses you.
- Gallant (in his letter to Neela): You guys probably don't even remember me by now. I'm the tall, good looking, black guy with the best bedside manner in the place. Tell Pratt I said that.