|"Everything Old Is New Again"|
|Season 1, Episode 25|
|Air date||May 18, 1995|
|US viewers||33.6 M|
|Written by||John Wells|
|Directed by||Mimi Leder|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
Welcome Back, Carter!
Carter faces his last day in the ER, harshly grading Benton on an evaluation report. He later rescinds the report after finding out that he received the surgical sub-internship. Tag and Carol have wedding day jitters. Chloe disappears again, abandoning little Susie with Susan . Dr. Swift changes his mind and decides to support Mark . Jake visits Doug .
COLD FEET: Greene is slapped with a malpractice suit regarding the pregnant woman who died while in labor. Later, Swift offers Greene the attending position.
Carter, convinced this is his last day in the ER, slanders Dr. Benton in final evaluations. However, Carter later gets the surgical internship when the first candidate turns it down -- and he also learns that Benton gave him high marks.
As the ER crew gathers at the church for Carol Hathaway's wedding, Carol and Tag both realize that he loves her more than she loves him. The wedding is called off, but the reception goes on anyway.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Benton tells Carter in this episode that he will make a good doctor. When Carter leaves County to go be with Kem in Africa, in the Season 11 finale "The Show Must Go On ," we hear Benton speaking that line again as Carter walks through the halls and recalls memorable moments of his life in the ER.
- This is the only season in which all the main cast members appeared in every episode.
- Music: "Tequila," The Champs
- The title of this episode is also the title of a song written by Peter Allen for the 1979 Bob Fosse autobiographical film All That Jazz, starring Roy Scheider and Jessica Lange.
- "Nielsen Ratings - March-May 1995 " (PDF). USA Today. (May 15, 2015).