Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Date of birth||March 11, 1963|
|Birth place||Epsom, Surrey, England, UK|
|Years active||1980 to present|
|Seasons||4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 15|
|Last episode||"And in the End..."|
|Credits||160 episodes (see below)|
Alexandra Elizabeth "Alex" Kingston, born in March 11, 1963 in Epsom, Surrey, England, UK, is an actress. She starred as British surgeon Dr. Elizabeth Corday from the fourth season to eleventh season. She reprised her role in the fifteenth and final season two times in episode "Dream Runner" and the series finale "And in the End...". She is also known for her role as Dr. River Song in Doctor Who. She has also appeared in the American series Without a Trace, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Private Practice, NCIS and Arrow.
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Season 10
- Season 11 from "One for the Road" to "Fear"
- Season 15 episode "And in the End..."
- Her mother is German and her father is English.
- Is the eldest of three daughters.
- Her sisters are Susie (who is mentally & physically disabled due to being deprived of oxygen at birth) and Nicola (who was a former actress).
- Began acting at age 5, playing the angel Gabriel in a school play.
- Attended an all-girls grammar school.
- Her paternal great-great-grandmother was Jewish.
- Her uncle is actor Walter Renneisen.
- Speaks French, English and "American" English.
- Earned an orange belt in judo.
- A former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Was married to actor Ralph Fiennes from September of 1993 to October of 1997.
- Married to German freelance journalist Florian Haertel in December of 1998. They have since separated.
- Gave birth to a daughter named Salome Violetta Haertel on March 28, 2001. Salome was conceived through in-vitro fertilization).
- Her daughter Salome played her character Dr. Corday's daughter Ella Greene in the season eight episode "On the Beach."
- As of 2011, Alex continues to reside in the United States.
- Won the Screen Actors Guild Award for "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" in 1998 and 1999 with the rest of the cast of "ER." She was also nominated for the same award in 2000 and 2001.
- Won the TV Land Icon Award for "ER" along with Angela Bassett, Linda Cardellini, Ellen Crawford, Anthony Edwards, Yvette Freeman, Lily Mariye, Kellie Martin, Paul McCrane and Mekhi Phifer.