|"A Shot in the Dark"|
|Season 11, Episode 8|
|Air date||December 2, 2004|
|Written by||Joe Sachs|
|Directed by||Jonathan Kaplan|
| ← previous|
"White Guy, Dark Hair"
| next →|
"Twas the Night"
A Shot in the Dark is the 8th episode of the 11th season of "E.R."
The 15-year-old son of a seriously wounded policeman is given the authority to decide the course of his father's treatment and he turns to Ray for advice.
Carter accompanies Wendall rock climbing. Luka begins to take a more active role in Alex's life after he's suspended for bringing a copy of Maxim Magazine to school.
An exhausted Chen returns to work where Pratt finds her stealing potassium.
- Although in the opening credits, Laura Innes does not appear in this episode.
- Neela (to Ray): Screw your gig. Medicine is not a day job!
- Ray: This coming from someone who was making hot dogs three months ago.
- Neela: I was off at 7:00, Abby was off at 7:00, but we were still there taking care of our patients.
- Ray: Know what? We would never leave the hospital if we stuck around tucking in every patient.
- Neela: I'm not talking about every patient. I'm talking about one kid. He trusted you with the most important decision of his life and you left.
- Susan: Oh, this is unbelievable.
- Abby: (walking by) What? Weaver has a boyfriend?
- Abby: Hey, Ray. You forgot something.
- Ray: What, Abby?
- Abby: (shoves a needle in him) Your flu shot.